The Aadhaar card is an important document that acts as proof of identity and address for an Indian citizen which should be with everyone today as without it you cannot do certain things in your life. It is a 12-digit UIN issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) Government of India. Earlier Aadhaar card was a paper card but, since October 2020, UIDAI launched a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) Aadhaar card and now the card comes with the latest security features.
Thus, to make the Aadhaar Card more convenient for citizens, the Unique UIDAI has launched a PVC Aadhaar Card which is good than the paper ones. Here we will tell you how you can apply for UIDAI PVC Card Order Online, and also how to track UIDAI PVC Card Online 2022 Status so keep checking this page.
What is a PVC Aadhaar Card?
Aadhar card is an essential document of identity earlier it used to come in paper material but it became difficult for the citizens to carry it everywhere, so UIDAI has started giving Aadhaar cards in the form of PVC, giving more convenience to the citizens. It is small and strong like an ATM/Debit card, which is free from the problem of tearing, and also you can take it outside with you in the rainy season without having any issues.
Aadhar PVC Card is the latest Aadhar card introduced by UIDAI the PVC Aadhar card will have a digitally signed secure QR code with image and address details along with various security features, so it has become safer than earlier. It is designed like an ATM card and now it has become easy to carry a person in his/her pocket. It can be ordered online via uidai.gov.in or Resident.uidai.gov.in using an Aadhaar number, Virtual ID, or Enrollment ID and paying a nominal fee of Rs 50.
Features of PVC Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar card is required to get a new SIM card, get enrolled in school/colleges, open of bank account, take a loan, etc. But with the paper Aadhar card, people also face the problem that it starts to tear as it gets old. Also, there is a fear of getting spoiled by getting drenched in water.
- If you want to get a PVC card and your mobile number is not registered with your Aadhaar, you can still apply for it.
- The PVC Aadhar card looks like an ATM and is beautifully printed and laminated and you can easily get the PVC Aadhar Card issued by UIDI sitting at home. For this, you will have to spend Rs. 50.
- Aadhar PVC is a card that is like the old Aadhar but it will not get torn nor can it will be broken. To get the PVC Aadhar card, you have to pay Rs. 50 and then it will be delivered to your house after a few days.
- Aadhar card made of Polyvinyl Chloride/PVC card is exactly like your ATM card. Being strong like an ATM card, it does not break and deteriorate quickly.
Security Features of the Aadhaar PVC Card
- Embossed Aadhaar Logo on PVC
- The print date and issue date will be mentioned
- Ghost image
- Micro text
- Secure QR Code
Steps for UIDAI PVC Card Order Online 2022
- If you want to get a PVC Aadhar card, then you can visit the official website of UIDAI uidai.gov.in/ for this.
- After landing on the homepage, you have to click on the option ‘PVC Aadhaar’ and now you have to enter your Aadhar number here.
- Then enter the captcha code given on the screen and also fill in the number linked to your registered i.e. Aadhar card.
- It’s time to share the OTP received on the mobile, then you re-check the details filled by you now pay the fee which is Rs. 50 per PVC card
- You can pay online mode only, which is Rs 50. A few days after the payment is completed, your PVC Aadhar card will be sent to your registered address.
Steps-by-step Guide to check UIDAI PVC Card Online Status
- If you have applied for Aadhar PVC Card and want to check UIDAI PVC Card Online Status then you have to first browse the myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/checkStatus link.
- Then share a 14-digit service Request Number which is provided by UIDAI while requesting for PVC Aadhar card.
- It will be for every new request also, enter the captcha code and click on the proceed button to get the new Aadhar card made of PVC.
- After this, the UIDAI PVC Card Online Status will open in front of you.